chiropractor

Thread: chiropractor

Charliesmom is offline Member

Defaultchiropractor

Hi,
    Does anyone here have any experience with taking their dog to an animal chiropractor? If you are in Ontario, what is the cost on average? Also, does anyone else use Sheba's supplement? (joint formula).

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: chiropractor

Hi,

We took Amber to a chiropractor yesterday. For sometime when you gentle stroked her back her skin would crawl. About 2 years ago she was hit by a car in the drive way but seemed OK. When she developed the sensitive back I took her to the vet. All the vet would say is she probably has sore skin. Anyway we work in a office complex which has a chiropractor who works with humans and animals. I was talking to him about Amber and he said he would look at her. It turned out her spine was out, probably due to the accident. He said Labs never complain so we probably wouldn't have noticed.

He sort of flicked different areas of her body and that was it. 3 hours later I was shocked to see that when I stroked her, her skin was fine. No sensitive spot. We take her back for a follow up in 2 weeks but hopfully she will be fine.

It cost us £30 (we are in England). I would recommend a chiropractor if your dog is having problems.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote Originally Posted by echorose
    Hi,

We took Amber to a chiropractor yesterday. For sometime when you gentle stroked her back her skin would crawl. About 2 years ago she was hit by a car in the drive way but seemed OK. When she developed the sensitive back I took her to the vet. All the vet would say is she probably has sore skin. Anyway we work in a office complex which has a chiropractor who works with humans and animals. I was talking to him about Amber and* he said he would look at her. It turned out her spine was out, probably due to the accident. He said Labs never complain so we probably wouldn't have noticed.

He sort of flicked different areas of her body and that was it. 3 hours later I was shocked to see that when I stroked her, her skin was fine. No sensitive spot. We take her back for a follow up in 2 weeks but hopfully she will be fine.

It cost us £30 (we are in England). I would recommend a chiropractor if your dog is having problems.
    I suffer from a birth defect in my back; I have seen chiro's several times over the years...just a word of advise - you baby's muscles may be a bit tender in a day or two....some baby aspirin (buffered) will help with that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The chiropractor told me she may feel a bit sore but she seems ok to me. She did however sleep a little more than usual. Good advise.

Murray sees a kinesiologist (chiropractor, massage therapy, accupressure combined). It is a night and day difference with him. The first time he went he was extremely sore afterwards. She had to work out all the old issues. The next time he went he saw her, laid down, then sighed heavily as she started working on him. He loves it. I highly recommend it for most dogs especially those that are competing.

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by echorose
    The chiropractor told me she may feel a bit sore but she seems ok to me. She did however sleep a little more than usual. Good advise.
    Yes, they do tend to sleep for a while afterward. My vet/chiro told me that this is normal.
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC