Won't Eat

Thread: Won't Eat

DefaultWon't Eat

My 6 week old Lab won't eat. We got her three days ago and she was eating most of her food but this morning the only thing she will eat is a little cheese.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Won't Eat

Where did you get her from? I assume she is not from a breeder as she is so young?

What are you feeding her?

She is from a breeder. Her mom had a litter of 17 so we got her a bit earlier becuase her mom was not taking care of her. We are feeding her what the breeder was.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Interesting, 17 puppies. Holy Cow. Thought my Grace came from a big litter of 11, they had to do a C section on the mom because she literally looked like she was going to pop before her scheduled whelping date.

Still, any breeder worth their salt will NOT let a pup go before 8 weeks, and at 6 weeks the mom has nothing to do with the pups...the pups are weaned by then. They need that extra time to learn to behave correctly in pack and learn important socialization skills. The breeder should have held on to the dog for 2 more weeks...sounds like she was eager to lighten her load is what I make of it.

I would moisten the kibble down to a warm mush and see if pup eats it then. If not, go to the vet. There could be something wrong with the puppy.