Butt Scootn' Boogie

Thread: Butt Scootn' Boogie

DefaultButt Scootn' Boogie

My girl Brandy has been doing this dance for a while now... We went into the vet, had anal glands expressed. That has been about a week and a half ago. She's still scooting... I figured at first that she may still be irritated from having them expressed, but it's been so long. So I thought I'd have a look see 'down there.' I don't really think it's her anus that is itching, but maybe her vaginal area???? It looks fairly red and irritated. Any suggestions? Were taking her to a local vet later today, but I thought I'd ask...

Thanks for the input!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Butt Scootn' Boogie

Without seeing the exact area she might have an allergy to something? Have you changed soaps? Clean the floor with something different? One of Oona's cousins is allergic to fresh cut grass. How long do you think it took them to find that one.
    Olie

labby is offline Senior Member

What are you feeding Melissa? Any change in diet or has there been a formula change in the food you are using?

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Laura,

I did change her from ProPlan chicken and rice to Pro Plan Performance.... Do you think that might have something to do with it???

Thanks everyone for your replies..... The vet said that she seems to be having an 'allergic' reaction to 'something'. That's about it.... He said her anal glands appear to be ok, but that she was definately having an issue with something...