ASPCA alert sugar subsitute can be toxic to dogs.
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: ASPCA alert sugar subsitute can be toxic to dogs.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,662

    DefaultASPCA alert sugar subsitute can be toxic to dogs.

    I just got an e-mail from the ASPCA warning that the sugar subsitute Xylitol can cause severe loss of blood pressure, depression, motor coordination,and sezures within a half hour of the dog ingesting the product. This year they have already treated 114 cases.
    Olie

  2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    CoCosMom's Avatar
    CoCosMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,070

    DefaultRe: ASPCA alert sugar subsitute can be toxic to dogs.

    Thanks!

    According to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xylitol

    It seems to be used mostly in European chewing gums, but in North America it is used in Trident Gum.

    Scary stuff!
    ~Jo & CoCo


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25