eukanuba - wheat?

Thread: eukanuba - wheat?

lab13 is offline Senior Member

Defaulteukanuba - wheat?

Someone told me that eukanuba has wheat in it but when I look at the ingredients I don't read Wheat. So, can you see something else in the ingredients that could be wheat??

Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Ground Whole Grain Barley, Fish Meal (source of fish oil), Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of vitamin E, and Citric Acid), Brewers Rice, Natural Chicken Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp (sugar removed), Dried Egg Product, Brewers Dried Yeast, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Flax Meal, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate), DL-Methionine, Rosemary Extract

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: eukanuba - wheat?

There are some Eukanuba foods that do contain wheat, but from my understanding the LB Puppy food does not. On their website it analyzes each ingredient. This is from the Eukanuba website: http://us.eukanuba.com/eukanuba/en_U...alphaChr=W#131

Wheat (carbohydrate)
    Wheat flour is another high-quality carbohydrate source that is used in Iams biscuits and in our European dry dog foods. In Iams biscuits, wheat serves as an excellent, palatable carbohydrate source and also adds a firm texture to the biscuit during the baking process.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Barley and Whole Grain sorghum are related to wheat in that their both highly glutenous, but they aren't the same thing. Just because a dog has problems with one in no way means it will have problems with the other. But to answer your question, no, there is no wheat in the ingredient list you provided.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Nope, no wheat in there...but there are a few ingredients I don't like....

Chicken By-Product Meal
    Corn Meal

But not all people are as anti-"by products" and "corn" as I am.