Losing baby teeth?

Thread: Losing baby teeth?

DefaultLosing baby teeth?

So Toby is a little over 4 month old and his front and bottom teeth look like they might be ready to fall out. Well actually I'm not sure they are "naturally" falling out... Yesterday I was playing with him and noticed that a front tooth was about to fall out. I got worried and stopped playing with him in case he was hurting. I thought it would be better to let it fall out naturally so I decided against pulling it. Well today I looked again and the tooth is pushed up into his gums (not all the way but enough that it looks like it would hurt). Now his bottom teeth gums are swollen and it looks like the other front tooth might be lose. The teeth are just sooooo small I'm not e they should be ready to fall out. I thought they would be a little bigger before they start to become lose. Is he simply losing his baby teeth or could he have broken or injured them while playing or chewing on something bad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Losing baby teeth?

As I recall Sami started losing her baby teeth right around 4 1/2 months of age. They can lose quite a few at the time, too.

The permanent teeth will come in so quickly it will make your head spin ;D

They will fall out naturally but they do hurt right now. No playing tug-o-war at this time. Take an old dishtowel and tie it in a knot. Get it totally wet and freeze it. Let him chew on this and it will numb his gums.
    Olie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the towel idea! However do you think I should pull the one that seems to have been pushed up his gums? I don't want it to get infected or something.

Great pic of Sami by the way!

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Poor guy! Since his gums are swollen maybe you could call your vet and ask. Brigetta lost her puppy teeth a couple of months ago and sometimes I would see a tooth just hanging sideways. Her gums were never really swollen so I would just let them fall out by themselves. I was surprised at how fast her adult teeth came in. She would chew non-stop...the frozen dish towel is a great idea. Good luck!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Lexie was four months when she started teething and I saw her adult teeth coming in; I could see her adult teeth pushing out her puppy teeth. Once her teeth started falling out they went fast. One day left canine, next day right canine, then one day the entire side of her mouth was all gums, the next day the other side was gone. At 21 weeks she was playing gummy face instead of bitey face. Now at five months she has pearly white adult teeth. They're still growing, but the entire process seems so fast.

I do hope that it's over soon.

Robin

I cant believe from the time I posted this Toby's adult teeth are already popping out! Its crazy! When you guys said they would grow in fast I had no idea! He seems to be doing better, the swelling went down and front and bottom baby teeth are gone. I used the towel idea and he loved it! Haha except this morning I woke up to a nice big wet spot from leaving the towel on the carpet. I almost thought it was pee but I know Toby knows better! Thanks for all the advise guys!