Pro Plan Selects?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Plan Selects?

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultPro Plan Selects?

Anybody here feed this brand?

We want to switch Abby to it, but I wanted to see if anybody has had experiences with it. She doesn't seem to be doing well on the Nutro Natural Choice and I know Pro Plan is a good food sooo basically I guess I'm looking for peace of mind here (lol) We would also probably switch Molly to it when the time comes since both dogs could eat the same food (provided that Abby does well on it and that Molly would too or else she would switch back to her usual when we start big dog food for her)
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Pro Plan Selects?

After lots of lable reading we just switched our labs to the pro plan and are also curious as to anyones experiences with it. Our older lab started getting a sensitive stomach so we put them on Beneful. Bad idea! They lost weight and their coats started looking dull and had lots of shedding. Hoping the Pro Plan will be much better for them.

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

I fed ProPlan Selects Turkey and my girls didn't do well on it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

No experience with that formula but here are the ingredients for you...

Ingredients:
    Turkey, brewers rice, pearled barley, chicken meal (natural source of glucosamine), corn gluten meal, oat meal, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), dried egg product, fish meal (natural source of glucosamine), pea fiber, dried beet pulp, fish oil, natural flavor, calcium phosphate, potassium chloride, salt, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, calcium carbonate, dried tomatoes, blueberry pomace, dried sweet potatoes, Vitamin E supplement, zinc proteinate, manganese proteinate, choline chloride, ferrous sulfate, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), niacin, copper proteinate, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, garlic oil, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, calcium iodate, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), sodium selenite.
    B-4402

If Abby is having issues on Nutro I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. I like ProPlan, but you should also bear in mind that there is better on the market if you look around.

labby is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Labsrme
    I fed ProPlan Selects Turkey and my girls didn't do well on it.
    What did you see that you didn't like?

Laura

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

Laura, Tess had terrible anal gland problems on this food. She needed her glands expressed as often as every two weeks while on this food. Emma did okay but her coat wasn't great on it - neither was Tess's. Since then I think I've figured out that my girls just don't do well on turkey, although chicken seems to be fine. I don't know anything about the new lamb version.

The reason I asked is that I am having a hard time keeping weight on it. Not so bad for Stevie who is a senior and doesn't need excess weight, but Seamus was looking quite skinny despite being fed 4 1/2 cups. I've recently taken he and Teddie off it.

Thanks.

Laura

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback. Abby does need to take off a few pounds so we're also hoping a food switch and the contiuation of supplementing with green beans will help.

Her ears keep getting infected, she has been nibbling at her paws, and her coat isn't looking so hot right (not that it's terrible by any means). Hopefully she does well on this food We like to try and stay in the upper range of the foods, but can't quite afford extremely high quality. Wish us luck that we find what works and can stick with it!
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

everydog is offline Senior Member

Has anyone fed the new lamb version?

Yes Libby is on the Lamb.

Laura

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast