cost of raw diet?

Thread: cost of raw diet?

Defaultcost of raw diet?

Is it more expensive than say for example a bag of mid grade kibble (like Iams) if you make your own raw diet? I am curious about this ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: cost of raw diet?

Cost depends on a number of factors...how expensive the cost of ingredients are, the variety of ingredients you use, whether you buy in bulk, the number of dogs you are catering for, etc. etc.

For me personally, I find raw meals on the whole cost LESS then kibble does. I am lucky enough to have an excellent meat supplier practically on my doorstep. My local butcher is wonderful and discounts me when I buy in bulk. They often give me raw meaty bones free of charge. The other bits and pieces (eggs, yogurt, veg) are all bought locally for a good price.

If you interested about going raw (BTW, I only feed half and half) do some research. Write up what you would need for 1 weeks raw feeding and compare it with the amount of kibble you would use. If you find the right suppliers you might be pleasantly surprised!

Thanks, I will look into that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Check out the yahoo groups [email protected] or [email protected] or search raw on yahoo groups. there is all kinds of info out there.

Kelly G. and Amber RN CGC
    Chino Ca