What else could I stuff in a Kong?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What else could I stuff in a Kong?

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat else could I stuff in a Kong?

I am out of bananas and peanut butter...
    What are some of the other things you guys stuff in a kong? ??? ???
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jan
    Jan is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What else could I stuff in a Kong?

I don't actually use a kong -- I use the hollowed bones you can buy, and mix cooked carrots, plain yogourt, grated cheese, cut-up chicken weiners, soft banana, and sometimes a bit of canned dog food. Corby practically throws himself into his crate when he knows he's getting his treat!

i stuff baby carrots- sometimes her dry food (I trick her but she buys it!), I tried brocolli once and she pulled it out and just left it out...didn't like it much... also cheese...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

I keep mine simple --- usually bananas or applesauce, layered w/ canned dog food (gross isn't it?). Plain yogurt is very popular, too.

I stuff with PB, applesauce, yogurt, blueberries, bananas, cut up fruit...

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

Do you all freeze the kongs??? Especially when you put yogurt or apple sauce in it?? Does it get messy when they try to get the stuff out?
    I normally just stick some slices of banana and smear the inside with peanutbutter.

I really like the stuffed bone idea too. He has one of those and I just stuff it with cheese all the time. I think he is starting to get sick of that..

Thank you all for your responses ;D
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Do you all freeze the kongs??? Especially when you put yogurt or apple sauce in it?? Does it get messy when they try to get the stuff out?
    Yes...freezing them makes them last longer. No, it doesn't get messy --because it is frozen they usually eat it all before it becomes a mess.

ThatsMyGirl Guest

No it's not messy ... I freeze it by putting kibble in the bottom of the kong first -- that plugs the little hole, then filling the kong w/ bananas, applesauce, yogurt, etc. I close the big hole w/ canned dog food (peanut butter works too). Then I put the kongs in a large tub w/ the small hole down, and freeze. There isn't much mess here because Sami only gets a kong if she's going in her crate. I'd assume if anything spilled or leaked out that she would clean it up. She doesn't leave food ... ever

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

I usually put 1/2 banana inside, and smush it up against the sides, fill the middle with kibble (about 1Tbsp?) and seal with PB, then break a milkbone in half and stick both pieces in the big opening... and freeze!

However, I also fill with green beans & kibble, brown rice, carrots, yogurt, cheese...
    ~Jo & CoCo

Quote Originally Posted by Jan
    I don't actually use a kong -- I use the hollowed bones you can buy, and mix cooked carrots, plain yogourt, grated cheese, cut-up chicken weiners, soft banana, and sometimes a bit of canned dog food.* Corby practically throws himself into his crate when he knows he's getting his treat!*
    Just wondering...How big is a chicken weiner? ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast