eagle pack and honest kitchen

Thread: eagle pack and honest kitchen

Defaulteagle pack and honest kitchen

I have been feeding Scout Eagle Pack Holistic Select and am interested in raw feeding. However, I do not want to feed totally raw. I have looked into Honest Kitchen and thought about incorporating that in with the Eagle Pack. Is this the wrong thing to do or does anyone know anything about mixing the two?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: eagle pack and honest kitchen

Ah ha!! Another raw-curious, as Lindsay (Ender's mom) would call you!! LOL! I was raw-curious too.

Honest Kitchen, from my own reading, seems like a great alternative to feeding raw. In fact, I would consider it if I ever had to board or travel with Henry.

My plan is to feed Henry raw for one meal, and kibble/Honest Kitchen for his other meal.

As far as mixing it with your Eagle Pack, it's a dehydrated food, meaning you have to rehydrate it, so I'd imagine that it would prolly make the Eagle Pack pretty mushy?

Thanks for the reply Henrysmom! Sorry I wasn't clear in my first post. I meant mixing as in feeding one meal Eagle Pack and one meal Honest Kitchen. I did not know if feeding both would throw the balance of the food off.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh! If you're going to feed one meal kibble and one meal Honest Kitchen, then I would think that's no different than feeding one meal kibble and one meal right out raw, which a fair number of people seem to be doing.

So, I would think it would be okay!

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Agreeing with Felicia here ;D

I think I'm moving away from "raw-curious"...

I found a local supplier of Pre-packaged and might end up making an order today!!!
    ~Lindsay

Trickster is offline Senior Member

You can feed half and half. I am (until September at least), and I like the results. You won't get the full benefits of raw when feeding 50/50 but if you can do it, go for it! I get a lot of satisfaction watching my dogs chow down on their raw food.*

Most people start 50% raw and eventually go the whole way...100%