odd behaviour

Thread: odd behaviour

Defaultodd behaviour

my 3 year old black lab started acting real weird tonight, nothing I have seen before. I am sure its wither her not feeling well or maybe something happened while alone today.
    She wont sleep, keeps getting up, very distraught it seems, almost scurries from one spot to another and wanders from one end of the house to the other, tail down and head down, almost avoiding me, but comes to me when I ask her too. Lying down in places she never lays down, getting up, going to another spot, wont wag a tail, eats treats, so still has an appetite. lays in one spot for no more than 5 mnutes, then to another spot. MAybe she ate something on a walk? no idea, anyone seen this before, its a first in my three years of having her.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: odd behaviour

Sorry, I have no idea. Is her tail hanging in a funny position? I remember when one of my dogs first had cold tail they scurried from room to room as you described.

labradork mom is offline Member

I have seen this behaviour in my black female lab. She would pace, pant act like she wanted to lay down but then get up and move from spot to spot almost like she was in some kind of pain. My vet said that it sounds like stomach upset. When this happens I give her a small amout of mylanta and take her for a short walk. If it is gas in the stomach it helps it pass. Does your dog eat fast? Mine is a gulper and the vet said this could be contributing to it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Well I ended upgiving her half an aspirin in the middle of the night after conitnued uneasiness. After only a few hours of sleep for both of us, she was her old self this morning nudging me awake for her walk and had her regular bounce in her step, wagging her tail again and appetite. the neighbour said her dog was acting very odd as well last night, she thought perhaps there was a bear in the neighbourhood or something like that to get the girls all freaked out. Or maybe it was just gas, I am just relieved to have her back to normal. It really sucks that they cant just tell you whats wrong with them.
    Thanks for caring those who responded.
    Cheers

WigWag Guest

I agree with Trickster - sounds like cold tail. Also it could have been storm anxiety - was it thundering that day?