Oh no...Advice Please!

Thread: Oh no...Advice Please!

DefaultOh no...Advice Please!

This is actually about my little rescue dog Lilly. She got her first set of vaccinations 2 days ago. Approximately one week ago she was treated for tapeworms and that seemed to be going fine. Yesterday I gave her a little bit of canned food, maybe 3 tablespoons (she has had it before) and she also had some small pieces of raw veggies while I was making supper. Last night her stool was a little loose in the evening. I attributed it to the canned food and/or veggies and decided not to give any more of it. Today I just gave her dry kibble. Well after eating this AM she had a diarrhea stool with some small spots of blood at the end. The base vet clinic is closed today and I didn't think this would be considered a life or limb emergency. Any thoughts or advice. Could it be from the vaccinations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Oh no...Advice Please!

Poor Lily! I hope she feels better soon. I personally have never heard of blood in the stool being a side effect of vaccinations. Is the clinic open tomorrow? I would take in a stool sample first thing. I hope others have more advice for you. Keep us posted.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I doubt the blood has anything to do with vaccinations. The blood could be due to straining with the runs. It might have something to do with the tapeworms. Did she actually HAVE them and needed to be treated? It could be a side effect from that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, I actually found tapeworm segments in her stool. Both dogs got treated for them. Is it common for dogs to get some bleeding with the straining when they have loose stools?