bigger pics of Lya the Itchy, I hope

Thread: bigger pics of Lya the Itchy, I hope

Defaultbigger pics of Lya the Itchy, I hope

and

and

People say I am a good mom for getting up every night between 2 and 3 to give her more medication, but she is just so perfect in every other way other than her allergies. With retrieving, she find balls that other dogs loose and she will not even have seen whem loose them. Thank goodness she was never used as breeding stock with her allergies...whew

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

pj

DefaultRe: bigger pics of Lya the Itchy, I hope

lya's beautiful!! thanks for sharing her pics, she is one special labby and you're both blessed to have each other! ;D

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

She's absolutely beautiful!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

What are you doing to treat her allergies? Do you know if they are contact, inhalation, or food allergies? I ask b/c I have a dog, Aly who has horrible, horrible allergies. We got her allergy tested and now give her allergy shots once a month. She is not completely symptom free, but she is doing much better. I'm happy to share any info you might find helpful!

I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Lya's adorable. Great pics...I love the last picture!

kassabella is offline Senior Member

She is adorable. You are a good Mom and she appreciates it.

Ignore my P.M. to resize then for you.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

What we have done so far.

We tested her on a limited ingredient diet which helped much, so now she is on a homecooked plan

She was tested for airborne allergies and is now taking shots once a week for those, but she just started them in July so they have not had the chance to work yet.

I have ordered purple stuff to help with the ear yeast infections but it has not come yet, I am sure this is because it has to cross the Canadian border.

The dermatologist gave her prednisone at first but then she became incontinent so that ended all prednisone.

Then he tried Atopica. Atopica is 300 dollars per month, works 50% of the time but works well when it does and the dogs can tolerate it. I thought I saw signs of it working but no matter what we did Lya just kept throwing up on it, so that was a no go.

So now she is on benadryl (sp) and antimicrobial baths. I wipe her down with a damp cloth every time she comes in from the outside. And I bleach my house once a week to kill dust mites. And I use a special detergent to do laundry.

One thing I would like to know is if her dermatologist was normal. He started seeing him in late January. She was skin tested on the first visit, but he did not put her on shots until July only after I started to get impatient. Her bills were on average 500-600 per month between Feb and August. Have other people dealing with this paid the same?

One reason I ask is that one lady I know took her dog to the same guy 10 years ago, and she called it a "scam". Because Lya is not much better this year than when she was before she went to this guy, my husband thinks the same. I think that it is more like experimental medicine just like most human medicine the only difference is that we have to pay out of pocket.

Thanks for your impute,

Morgan with Lya the Itchy

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

Lya ia adorable itchy or not.

I think the theory is generally it takes a year to settle down, go through all the seasons before judgements can really be made. I wonder if there is a Vet with some herbal experiance near you who can help you try adding some herbs none to help with allergies?

lab13 is offline Senior Member

Our vet bills to a doggie dermatologist where very high too. What type of laundry detergent diid they recommend? Good luck. I also have an allergic dog but they won't test her as she is at high risk of anaphlacic shock with the testing. So we just use antihistamines and are still looking for a diet for her. Interested in what others have had success with in the diet area as we aren't having luck.