have a question

Thread: have a question

M&C
    M&C is offline Member

Defaulthave a question

Hello all, I have been a lurker for quite some time now and have had just about every question answered by reading everybody else's questions but now I'm stuck. I have a black female and a black male. they are a year old on Thursday. My girl Maggie is in some distress tonight. She started acting like she might have something stuck in the back of her mouth a couple of hours ago. It almost sounds like a gag and a burp at the same time. When it first started I let her outside and she started to eat gobs of grass. I figured she would throw up pretty soon. Well she started heaving about an hour later. I got her back outside and she vomited up the biggest wad of grass!! I didn't even think her stomach was that big!! She is still making that noise and is very gassy right now. Do any of you have a clue what this could be? I know she hasn't gotten in to anything. She is acting a little weird but not lethargic or anything. I don't think she quite understands what the noise is coming out of her rear end is though!! I haven't fed them since this afternoon. Do you think it would be okay to feed her a little food or not? I probably won't end up feeding her till morning and I'll wait and see how she is doing then. Any response would be appreciated. Thank you, Kristina

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: have a question

Its sounds as though she may have got something stuck in her throat. If she has stopped the hacking noises she may have dislodged it. I would do as you said and withhold food until tommorrow morning. If she eats her food and is acting as her usual self, I wouldn't be too concerned. If she is still acting sick, I would get her to the vets.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I guess by now you have been to the vet or she is feeling better. I hope she is better. Ernie did this a few weeks ago. I think he ate something he shouldn't have and was trying to make himself sick. I had wads of grass all over the couch and carpet. It is nerve wracking.

If ever you need urgent help go into lab chat or Odds and ends and in the subject put urgent help needed. There are more people in those boards.

Keep us updated on how she is.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

M&C
    M&C is offline Member

Thank you for your replies. Maggie seems to be her self once again. I ended up not feeding her until last night. She really gave me a scare, but she is doing fine now. Getting in to a vet here is a pretty hard thing to do and I'm glad I didn't have to take her in after hours. I could just imagine how much that would cost. Every time we have gone for an appointment it's been at least $200.00.
    I'm thinking she must of ate something I didn't know about at some point that day. I just have no idea what it could of been.
    Thank you, Kristina