Cold Tail

Thread: Cold Tail

DefaultCold Tail

I think Halle has this, I noticed she wasn't holding her tail up it kind of just hung there on Sunday, but today it looks really swollen. We gave he a bath on the weekend with warm water and she was in the lake all weekend swimming. Does it get worse before it gets better? Also has anyone dog ever had a yeast infection between the webbing in there toes?
    thanks
    Liz

Liz Halle and Maverick

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Cold Tail

My dogs have had cold tail a couple of times and I find that the problem rectifies itself after a few days. Like yours, mine don't get cold tail from swimming in cold water but from bathing in warm water. It took us several warm baths to figure this out. :

The best thing you can do is rest the dog and give some painkillers if needed. Also, avoid warm baths in the future --mine only get cold water baths now. Don't bother consulting your vet about this either...mine were clueless about this condition.

Can't help with the yeast infection between the toes. One of mine, Murph, gets raw paws due to his allergies but that is treated with cream from the vets.

Thanks for the info No more warm baths

Liz Halle and Maverick

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

That is an incredibly cute siggie pic though. Just had to hijack to say that.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

TangerineFizz Thanks, Halle curls up with Marverick all the time. However Maverick would never go to her LOL

Liz Halle and Maverick

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Kassa had both. The cold tail comes right in about 3-5 days. It seems very painful for her.

She got yeast infection between her toes when they got wet too much. I always made sure her chin and between her toes were dry after she swam or walked in wet grass. I also washed her feet in Nizarol. It is an anti dandruff shampoo. Not sure what you call it in the U.S. My SILbreeds dogs and told me to use it. Worked better than the Neopan the vets gave me.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Thanks for the info on the yeast infection. We were at the vet yesterday for a recheck and it still hasn't cleared up It is looking better but not yet done. So more antibiotics for the next 3 wks This will make a total of 6 wks and now she can't go in the water at the cottage. We have been drying her feet when she gets out of the water but I guess not good enough. I will give this a try This should be a fun weekend trying to keep a lab from water LOL

Liz Halle and Maverick