lump on snout???

Thread: lump on snout???

Defaultlump on snout???

Last night we got home and noticed a lump on the end of Dakota snout... This morning it was still there... it seems different then the swelling issue we had before... it's hard to the touch and just one lump... she does not seem uncomofrtable, no unusal itching or whining or anything - there is no drainage form her nose, etc... she is eating and going to the bathroom and otherwise seems normal...it sticks straight up kinda- you can see it in her profile...

it seems too big to be a mosquito bite and also it is hard... could she have hit her snout on something and gotten a lump like we would if we bonked our head good? or is something more serious :-\ I'm trying not to freak myself thinking about mast cell tumors and such... Has anyone had this happen before?

I'm just kind of watching it now since she doesn't have any other symptoms... thinking about taking her to the vet tomorrow morning...but not sure if I should watch and wait or take her... we have to take the cat in for vaccines anyway...

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: lump on snout???

I went home at lunch in it looked a little swollen around the snout tip where the lump is so I have her a benadryl to see if that helps at all... I think I will take her in to the vet in the morning just to be safe...

any advice much appreciated!

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I am sorry I can't help. Perhaps and insect bite or bump? I would take her to the vet and ease your mind. What happened last time she had swelling issues.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

it looks a little better today so we decided to wait on the vet and see if it continues to go down...

we had an issue about a month ago here her entire face suddenly swelled up with no sign of one specific bite place... a couple emergency vet trips in the middle of the night...she was on benadryl for 2 weeks because she wouldn't quit swelling.. we still don't know for sure, but assume that was from a yellow jacket nest we found in a hole she dug...

we are thinking this may be a bite, or where the cat got her good or something since it is going down and looking better,,, we'll keep watching though!

Thanks for your thoughts