Watery eye?

Thread: Watery eye?

DefaultWatery eye?

Hi all,

Was curious to know if I should be worried that Kluane's right has been getting goobers all day, and now that I look at it ... it's definitely watery. She rubs her face with her "wrist" (not her claws/paw, but the area around where the dew claw is located) once in a while so I was wondering if a bug bite near her eye would do that?

Should I take her to the vet?

AnnMarie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Watery eye?

Should you take her to the vet? Is she doing anything else like sneezing? It might be an allergy or she might have something in it. A couple of years ago I took Oona to Lake Ontario and the waves were a couple of feet high. We had a great time that day but the next day one of her eyes looked droopy. I took her to the vet and she had slivers of driftwood in her eye and it had scratched her cornea. Because it is the eye I would make an appointment.
    Olie

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Vet trip is in order. I took Sami in several weeks ago when she had similiar symptoms. The vet stained her eye to look for a scratch on the cornea. She didn't have one, but they did say she had conjuntivitis. They gave her an ointment for the eye and it cleared it up.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

could be a could, could be conjectivitus, could be the beginnings of entropian...definately go tot he vet.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Update:

I took her to the vet. No scratch, no ulcer ... just looks like she got something in her eye that plugged her tear duct. An anti-inflamatory shot, a cornea stain, some eyedrops and 93 dollars later ... she's fine, other than shedding about a pound of fur on the exam table.

Thanks for the advise everyone

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kluane
    Update:

I took her to the vet. No scratch, no ulcer ... just looks like she got something in her eye that plugged her tear duct. An anti-inflamatory shot, a cornea stain, some eyedrops and 93 dollars later ... she's fine, other than shedding about a pound of fur on the exam table.

Thanks for the advise everyone
    Well if it makes you feel any better -- for us 1 eye stain + 1 ointment = $106.