What is he doing?!

Thread: What is he doing?!

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat is he doing?!

Ok mom just called me and told me that Buck sat down and then dragged his butt. What is he doing? Is he having trouble with something?
    The "thing" in the intestine hasn't come out as far as I know. He has had only one bowel movement since yesterday. There was nothing odd in it. It was a small poop.

What does dragging his butt like that mean?! ??? :
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: What is he doing?!

Usually it is a sign of anal gland issues but since you are waiting for him to pass something, it might just be giving him some relief.

Man More issues?! I really hope it's related to the current issue at hand and not something new !

Can't they give him something to help him pass whatever is in there along?

If he has anal gland problems would the vet have caught it when she did all those X rays?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

could be anal glands...it's not serious- they just get full sometimes... I think a groomer can drain them- or there are instructions for how you cand rain them but personally I'm not interested in that with my pup The book I have says it smells worse than a skunk...

could also be worms/parasites maybe?

I'd see if he keeps doing it though... I saw Dakota do it once on the grass as a pup and then never again - I assumed she was trying to wipe a dangler or something...

They tested him for worms and parasites and all...I requested they do a full thorough test of EVERYTHING Even tested him for lyme disease and everything. Since we went camping about a week or so ago. All came back normal.

He is probably just trying to clean his butt...oh well if it gets worse off to the groomers we go to get it cleaned cuz I am NOT draining his butt. I love him and all but I draw the line at that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckyball
    If he has anal gland problems would the vet have caught it when she did all those X rays?
    Anal glands won't show up on an xray. They are basically scent glands (kind of like a skunk). They usually express themself with a BM but if BMs are not firm enough they may not express normally. Since Bucky has had diarrhea off and on, his could be full and may or may not resolve on their own once his stools return to normal consistency. There...everything you never wanted to know about anal glands.

YUCK!

But it's helpful info I guess...
    He did have a normal bowel movement a couple hours ago. He followed it immediately with a butt-tuck. I think it made him REALLY happy to be able to poop after 24 hours lol.

It made me happy too...so I ran after him as he was butt tucking around the yard LOL
    I am sure my neighbors find me a tad weird :-X