False pregnancy??? (a bit long..)

Thread: False pregnancy??? (a bit long..)

DefaultFalse pregnancy??? (a bit long..)

Lizzie, 10 months old finnished her first season around the start of this month.. she seems to have had a personality transplant!! she has become considerably calmer and has been lying around resting alot... we have let her have the run of the whole house as she now can be trusted.. she spends alot of time in my sons bedroom under his bed sleeping.. now usually this is a no-no as she would steal toys and take them there to chew up.* Hubby keeps telling everybody that she is a big girl now and believes she has transformed... I'm not so sure and am a little concerned.. I don't think she is ill but too me she just don't seem herself.. then this morning it struck me.. she had this strange look on her face and in her eyes and I thought, ahh she looks like she's expecting??? you know that look women get when they are pregnant.. then I thought maybe she is having a false pregnancy... she is due to be spayed in october (vets advise to wait 3 months after season).. Is there anything I should be looking out for? Is there anything we should be doing? any advice would be apprecaited...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: False pregnancy??? (a bit long..)

Has she been exposed to any intact males?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

ThatsMyGirl Guest

I have read a bit about it ... I think it's one of my fears of waiting until after a heat. Here are a couple of articles that might help:

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body...pregnancy.html

http://www.thepetcenter.com/gen/fap.html

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/pseudoc...ncy/page1.aspx

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I believe I read that every intact female that goes through heat has hormone changes and a slight false pregnancy. Just like humans, all are different. Don't worry about it since you are going to spay her anyway. I've only had 2 that were bred that didn't have pups that produced milk. I never had a false pregnancy in one that was not bred, but I do hear it happens a lot in some lines.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

I had a German Shepherd that had false pregnancies after every heat. Keep an eye on her and watch to see if she seems to be 'nesting.' Also, she may adopt a toy as a baby and that can be difficult if you have small children around as they can get possessive.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy