What is Purple Stuff meant to help with again?

Thread: What is Purple Stuff meant to help with again?

DefaultWhat is Purple Stuff meant to help with again?

My little friend got a yeast infection just on the inside of her ear, again. The doc said it was from her allergies not swimming as it was on the outside of the ear the cannal was clean. Does purple stuff help with that?

Thanks,

Moran with Lya the Itchy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: What is Purple Stuff meant to help with again?

It will help with a yeast infection.
    Here is Labby's article
    http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/ears.html

What is Gentian Voilet 1% solution? Never heard of it. Where would you find this stuff???
    Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Drug store.

I just wanted to say how much sense this makes. I don't know why I never thought of it! When nursing my daughter, we got thrush once, which is a yeast infection in her mouth and my nipple....and one of the treatments is gentian violet.

That said, another treatment is Grapefruit Seed Extract, which can be found at a health food store. I wonder if you could use that instead of alcohol, since it is also antibacterial?

Also, I've always heard to use vinegar in their ears...is this not true anymore?

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue
    I just wanted to say how much sense this makes. I don't know why I never thought of it! When nursing my daughter, we got thrush once, which is a yeast infection in her mouth and my nipple....and one of the treatments is gentian violet.

That said, another treatment is Grapefruit Seed Extract, which can be found at a health food store. I wonder if you could use that instead of alcohol, since it is also antibacterial?

Also, I've always heard to use vinegar in their ears...is this not true anymore?
    Yes, you can use GSE in the ears (see below) although I have never tried it...

Taken from the following web site: http://www.pureliquidgold.com/dogcat...spuppycare.htm

Ear Mites and Ear Infections: For ear cleaning, mix (?) drops grapefruit seed extract and no more, thoroughly mixed in 1 oz (1/8) cup water or vegetable glycerin (sold at health food stores and pharmacies). Use 2 times daily until problem is cleared up, then once a month. This is especially good for cat ear infections caused by fungus.
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC