Help, question about eyes!

Thread: Help, question about eyes!

DefaultHelp, question about eyes!

Hi, I have an 8wk male puppy. When we picked him out at the breeder we thought he looked sleepy or maybe his eves were a little droopy. Now that he is at home I have noticed that his third eyelid is very prominent. I took him to the vet and he said it was fine. I didn't push the issue. But it is really worrying me. Sometimes it covers nearly 1/2 of his eye. Does anyone know anything about this? I have done research but I cannot find anything about this. I find mention of cherry eye but that is not what his is like.
    I'll attach some photos where it may be visible. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
    Wisher is an incredible puppy, we love him so much already! I just can't stop worrying!

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Help, question about eyes!

Looks like he's got a pretty droopy eye right now. Hopefully it will tighten up as he grows. My Casey had the same things when she was a puppy (her sire had it too) and it's noticable when she is tired. Sometimes they are more prone to getting gunk in their eyes so just keep an eye out for any type of infection, green discharge or runny eyes. If that occurs take him to the vet.

Good luck with your pup!

Dani is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't worry right now either. It may make him more suseptible to conjuntivitius or getting debris in there and irritating it...but he should grow into his lids. Rider was like that as a pup.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the input, just hearing that other dogs have the same thing helps.