Blue Buffalo

Thread: Blue Buffalo

DefaultBlue Buffalo

Hi Everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone else feeds Blue Buffalo to their lab? I have been feeding my dog Nutro NC L&R, but he has been really bad with allergies and rashes and ear infections, so my vet suggested maybe change his food. I saw Blue Buffalo, and it seemed to have some decent ingredients, but before i totally make the switch, i wanted to get some feedback from others.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Blue Buffalo

I don't think anyone feeds it, but getting off Nutro would be a good idea. That food used to be considered good, but it has gone downhill over the last few years.

Laura

I fed Blue Buffalo a while ago and my dogs did well on it but I was having an availability issue, so I switched. Now that it's available at most petsmarts, I doubt that would be a problem anymore. Theingredients are great and their very quick to answer any questions you have.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Only fed one back to my little guy; not a lab, and he seemed to love it and do fine on it. Only person on this board that I know feeds it regularly is Wendy. You might want to PM her.

well, just an update. i bought a bag of the chicken and brown rice on Saturday, and started the transition Saturday night. i feed Noah 2 cups in the morning, and two cups at night. i started with 1 1/2 cups nutro and 1/2 a cup of blue. he seemed fine Saturday, and sunday was ok as well. this morning he had diarrhea (SP?), and when i got home he had diarrhea as well. after feeding him tonight, he also threw up his food twice. i don't think the transition was too quick, so i have a feeling that the blue did not agree with him, so i am going to stop the transition. does anyone have any thoughts?