Someone is REALLY sick
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone is REALLY sick

DefaultSomeone is REALLY sick

I gave Haley a raw marrow bone last night for about thirty minutes. This is the second one she's had in a couple of weeks. The first one didn't seem to upset her stomach at all. Now I don't know what is causing her vomiting (stools are pretty normal). As of this afternoon she hasn't had any water. She didn't eat her breakfast and will not eat the rice and chicken I made for her. I am really worried. She threw up bile the last go around and can't even keep Pepto down to settle her stomach. I called the vet and have gotten no replies as of yet. Her gums are still pretty pink but she is sleeping non-stop. I don't know what else to do so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Someone is REALLY sick

Oh dear. Sorry to hear this. I don't have any suggestions, sorry. Mine has never had trouble with marrow bones, so I can't be of any help. Hope you reach the vet.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I would try the vet again. Is she lethargic? I hope she starts to feel better.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

She is REAL lethargic. I've been trying most of the night to at least get some chicken in her. She really doesn't want to be bothered but that is to be expected with how she feels. I'm feeling pretty helpless right now.

please do not attempt to give any solid food! if she has a bowel obstruction & needs surgery, any food in there will be a problem. no lab is going to starve, or suffer any harm whatsoever, by going on 'empty ' for awhile, in fact a 24-hour 'fast' is often the 'prescription' for minor stomach upsets.
    HOWEVER, not drinking anything for any length of time is a TRUE EMERGENCY--add this to the lethargy you describe, and if it were my dog, it would be at the vet's NOW. are there any emergency facilities nearby?
    at least call your vet's answering service and FIRMLY request [indeed, demand!] that you get a call-back immediately.
    i hope you can tell us later how things turned out, but please take action now.

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

So sorry......hope things improved overnight! Waiting for an update.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Oh no! How's Haley now? Did you get her into the vet? I was thinking an obstruction of some sort, too

Please let us know, thanks.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Haley is at the vet now and they are running tests on her. She slept all night with no incidents but then again she has nothing on her tummy. The vet did not think it was an obstruction since she did poo yesterday but her stomach was real sensitive to the touch. Worried sick I am. Nothing worse than feeling helpless and having to wait for a report. I will update with one when I hear from the vet. Please say prayers its nothing serious and we can get this resolved and get her back on track. Thanks for all the replies and well wishes.

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

Prayers for Haley. Hopefully it's nothing serious..
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Hope it is nothing serious!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast