Vaccination Schedule

Thread: Vaccination Schedule

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultVaccination Schedule

I don't know why I feel so out of it on this topic. My vet did titers and I don't even know what the dogs have had and when they are due for new shots...About the only thing I am on top of is Rabies and giving them their heartworm meds.

Grace is going in to "try out" the new vet tomorrow. She is due for Rabies at the end of August. I thought I would take her in, have a wellness exam done, maybe heartworm test and see how I like the place. This is apparently THE clinic to take labs in for their OFA xrays, so until I know of a better vet, I figured do it all at one place.

They told me that the vaccinations are done on 3 year cycles. And they alternate so that each year the dog gets SOMETHING, but not all one year. Distemper one year, Parvo the next, Rabies the next, and so on.

Sound about right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Vaccination Schedule

I don't know off hand, but I do know that on our print out sheet from the vet, it lists all the things that Trooper is due for and when. That is really helpful. Plus he gets postcards when he is due for an exam or shot. I hope you find a great vet that is really helpful. Good luck!

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Vaccination Schedule

I pulled all the receipts from the dogs, and it seems that even though they printed what was due when, Hudler only had titers since his last puppy shots. Guess he didn't need anything, and that's bee about 4 years now.

What funny is that titers at my rip-off clinic in So Cal were like $30...here in CO they want to charge $73. Seems like they are trying to price it so you don't do it...