How much pottying is normal?

Thread: How much pottying is normal?

DefaultHow much pottying is normal?

Hello All! I was just wanting to get an irdea of how often you have to take your furbabies out to go potty? It seems like Boomer has to go ALOT!! We had several accident in the house right after going out and pottying. He will be 8 months 2-morrow(7/28) and I know young dogs go more. Since school hasn't started yet I am home most of the day, he doesn't have trouble holding it while we are gone and he is kenneled. I just thought I would ask everyone's advice here instead of calling the vet first. I feel like a first time if I call the vet for every little question. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: How much pottying is normal?

When I'm home I take Nellie out every 4-5 hours. When I'm at work she holds it about 7-8 hours. In this heat they are drinking a lot more and I take her out if she sits by the front door. Have you had him checked for a bladder infection? That may be the cause of the accidents. He should not be having accidents right after going out.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

It depends with Brigetta- she'll be 6 months August 1st...she holds it all day while I'm at work...but at night during the week she drinks and plays a lot so she goes out a lot...sometimes twice an hour for the first couple of hours after she's been playing a lot and drinking. On the weekends...she probably goes every 3 hours or so. I agree...if he's having accidents it may be an infection. Good luck!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Abby is 6 months old & will hold it all night. She won't go while kenneled when we are not home, but when I am home she drinks more water & she has to go more frequently. Does he drink more when you are home?