Trooper's vet visit (UPDATE)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trooper's vet visit (UPDATE)

DefaultTrooper's vet visit (UPDATE)

Hi everyone,

I wrote last week that we noticed a few bumbs on Trooper.* By this weekend it got worse and we suspected hotspots.* Well we took him to the vet and he got shaved.* It was far worse than we thought it would look.* He doesn't think it is hotspots, but Trooper is being treated like it is them.* The vet thinks it is some kind of allergic reaction to something, perhaps the water.* Here's what it looks like.* Did anyone here ever have a rash on their dog like this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Trooper's vet visit (picture of allergic reaction)

Sorry I don't have any advise...I just wanted to say I hope Trooper feels better soon!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Sorry I can't help either. I hope your baby feels better soon though. That looks itchy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh man Never seen that before. I have had Chows in the past that got hot spots Looks similar but nowhere as bad as that. Oh the poor thing. Hope he is not too uncomfortable. It looks bad now cause he was shaved there right? I would think that now that it is getting some air it may be easier to take care of and keep clean. Please keep us informed on his recovery and I hope he gets better soon.. I just want to give him a big hug!!!

Poor little Trooper. Hope he feels better soon.

OMG! Poor Trooper We had an Alaskan Malemute before Fergus and he quite often would get hot spots, but they were nothing like that. I hope it clears up & that he is okay. Fergus sends Get Well Wishes & hopes he he is all better REALLY soon.

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Oh my gosh! The poor baby. That looks so darned uncomfortable and it's in a place that he can't even reach to relieve the itch. (It DOES look like it would be itchy, doesn't it?) I've never seen a hot spot covering such a large area.
    Please give him kissyface from me, and I hope it clears up quickly.

I've never had a rash like that on a dog, but just wanted to say poor Trooper...I sure hope it clears up soon for him.

Thanks everyone! I told Trooper how everyone was thinking of him and gave him kisses, too! He itches, but not too much. The vert said to put baby socks on so if he itches, it won't scratch his skin up more. He hasn't slowed down any, is still very playful. I think it looks worse than it feels. I never expected that it would look that bad when he was shaved. It is good that it is getting air now. He has to stay away from swimming for awhile.

:-* from Trooper!

Thanks again!
    Laura

What is the vet doing for that? We are battleing allergies in my house so am very curious. How much could you see before they shaved him? My vet thought something like that might be going on with my dog but for the love of me I nor the vet could see spots like that.

Poor little thing,

Morgan with Lya

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast