chewing on foot....bleeding

Thread: chewing on foot....bleeding

eklind51 is offline Senior Member

Defaultchewing on foot....bleeding

ginger started chewing her foot last night but only her right back one. i looked at it and its red and looks like some blood right in the center when you spread her paw open. her back left foot has a red spot but she's not chewing it and i dont see any on her front paws. i havent changed her food or anything. last night i did noticed that she ate some grass and when she came in she was trying to get something out her mouth. i looked in her mouth and saw nothing. any ideas on what i should do??

right
    [img]http://[/img]
    right
    [img][/img]

left back foot
    [img][/img]

sorry for the different size pictures...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: chewing on foot....bleeding

She could have a cyst or it could be allergies. I'd take her to the vet to get it checked out. Chewing feet is not normal - especially to that degree.

I would try to take her to the vet too. It could just be that she stepped on something and it caused the sore and now she's licking it because it bothers her or it could be some form of allergy but if it's just the one and with the bleeding I would think it was something she stepped on first.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

phaereet is offline Member

It seems as if it has been injured physically İt will surely be healed spontaneously as the time passes but try to keep it dry during this period or apply batticon after wet walks of rained grass

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

I have one girl here that chews her feet and she also gets red like in your pictures. It happens in the summer when she swims, for some reason in between her pads does not dry out. The best thing I have found so far is to take a cotton pad with Listerine (original brown stuff) and put that between her pads for a few seconds. That usually dries them up pretty nice plus it will kill any bacteria left from the dampness.
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC