Mosquito bites?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosquito bites?

DefaultMosquito bites?

My Mercedez has been getting attacked by mosquitos and when she comes back inside she looks like the elephant dog (pic attached) All of my other dogs get bit and don't swell up like this. She actually couldn't open her eyes for most of the day. Any suggestions or possible causes for this?

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Mosquito bites?

it sound slike she's allergic to mosquitos! The pics ar ehard to tell- not sure what I'm looking at since I don't know what she normally looks like... I'm guessing the place above her eye...

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

I have sammi on advatix, it's suppose to repell mosquito's as well as tick's and flea's. Seem's to be working so far. Was told you should not use it if you have cat's though. Poor baby, hope he is better soon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thank you! I will try it. The swelling only lasts for a day or two so she is ok now......Till she wants to hang out outside again. Do you think it would be alright to use with the Frontline Plus or should I just use one of them.

labby is offline Senior Member

You can give Benedryl. Call your vet for the dosage.

Also you can use some type of children's Off to spray her with before she goes out.

Laura

thanks!!! Will try it next time!

childrens off is ok? I have heard of the regular off causing bad reactions...

that looks to me like reaction from black fly [no-seeums] bites. dogs rarely if ever show any reaction to mosquito bites.
    you can get ''kiddy-safe'' bug repellent cream [not spray!] and rub it on her sensitive areas, use Benadryl to stop the swelling.

lab13 Guest

My lab attracts the bugs all summer. Her bites usually last about 2-3 weeks long. She is on hydroxyzine and still it takes that long for them to heal.

Good luck.

Someone told us to try Avon skin so soft. We have only tried a citronella spray from the health food store that seems to work a little.

We just happened to be at the vet today and we asked if Trooper's reaction could have been caused with the help of mosquitos. He said he doesn't think really think so because dogs aren't affected by mosquitos like humans. It just made me think to tell you that when queenofthedogs mentioned it in the post here about dogs not being affected by mosquitos. Don't know if that really helps any. I hope something helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast