pawing at head/face?

Thread: pawing at head/face?

Defaultpawing at head/face?

I noticed it a while back and she still does it where she will lay her face on the ground and paw at it like it's itchy or soemthing- her snout and her ears... I used to think maybe she was cleaning it...but I think it's more of an itchy thing?

Anyone else's dog do this or have ideas why? Her ears are clean and she's never had a problem with them so I know it's not them...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: pawing at head/face?

Both of my girls do that! Prudence has bad allergies, so I assume she was doing it because she is always itchy. I have no idea why Brigetta does it though.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

interesting- glad it's not just ours I figure it must be an allergy too...she doesn't do it all the time, but I can't seem to connect when she does it with an allergen - who knows, maybe it's dust

We use a halti/gentle leader on walks and she does it after we take that off to- I'm sure that is for itching where the halti was, so I'm sure when she does it otherwise it is itching too... otherwise she's not a big scratcher though - just the face.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mocha only does it when her ears are bothering her.

hmm, she's done it for a while, and her ears were looked at and they said they looked clean... when I look in ehr ears they look good too... no red or dirt, or smell.

Thanks for the info