Worms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worms

DefaultWorms

I have a new pup, he is 8 weeks old.I got him last saturday and the guy I got him from gave him a worm pill when we left.should I still be seeing worms in his stool.Is this normal for this long(4-5 days), I have had puppies before that had worms , and I gave them the liquid wormer and they were gone quicker than this I think.Any comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Worms

um, I'm no vet, but I thought the de-wormer was suposed to work with a day or two max... maybe your pup has a bad case of them and needs some more.... our pup got de-wormed every time we took her in for shots as a precaution but we never actually saw any...

I'd take the pooch to the vet!

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

If you are still seeing worms, they could be tapeworms. Are they little short flat segments? Do they dry up and look like pieces of rice? If so, they're tapes. Regular dewormers won't take care of those. You can get a tapeworm tablet from your vet. If they're not tapes, you might want to deworm with a product that has pyrantel pamoate as the active ingredient, or have your vet check for worms.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

I would take your puppy to the vet along with a stool sample. There are so many types of worms and not all dewormers kill all worms. Brigetta was also dewormed with each set of shots. Good luck!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Yes , they are little short flat segments.Will get him to the vet for a check.....Thanks!!!!

Hello,

I agree, it could be tapeworms. When I got Kenda, she had worms real bad. We gave her 3 treatments for worms, and still nothing, I ended up describing them to the woman at the desk and she said it could be tapeworms. Well the Vet gave us these huge pills, and that did the trick. Take a look at the worms, yes gross, and if they look like rice with lines on it, then it is probably tapeworms. Also, Kenda looked thin and was eating her food very fast. After the tapeworm was gone she gained about 10 pounds and look healthier plus actually enjoyed her food.

Sherry

Just got back from the vet with Maverick, and yes they were tapes.But other than that he is a healthy pup.Thanks for the help...

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Good to hear!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Mybabymambo Guest

Howdo dogs get tape worms? Is it something they pick up? Sorry I was searching about worms and came across this thread. I noticed mambo has worms in his stool. Sounds gross, but I kinda keep an eye on his stool since he has been sick. So when I noticed them I figured I could just give him some over the counter meds. Just in case though he already has a vet apt for saturday. Gets his first skin scrapping. Hoping the mange is gone.

They get tapes from eating fleas....Not sure if the OTC wormers get tapeworms so you should probably get him wormed at the vet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast