Marrow bones...

Thread: Marrow bones...

DefaultMarrow bones...

... how long do you get your butcher to cut them??

I found a great meat market not far from my office, so now Henery will be enjoying fresh marrow bones!!

Thanks, in advance! ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Marrow bones...

I asked about marrow bones a little while ago and got lots of help from everybody. What most said was to ask for the "pipe" of the bone...so the middle part without the knobby ends. Preferably have the pipe be 3-4 inches long. These are great...I was buying Fergus the smoked bones from a butcher, but they were about $3 per bone... a little pricey! I just didn't like the thought of the raw ones, they looked gross!! But Fergus loves them and they have been a lifesavor these past 2 weeks. I usually buy them at the grocery store & get about 4 in a package for around $2. Henery is going to love them

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

I just gave Brigetta and Prudence marrow bones for the first time and they both went crazy over them. I got the 4 inch pipe...the meat market had some already frozen so I gave it to the girls just like that. The marrow is really rich and Brigetta's stomach is pretty sensitive so I only give it to her for 30 minutes or so then threw it back in the freezer. I posted about them before and got some good tips.
    https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,10456.0.html
    I was a little hesitant about them being raw too, but after seeing how much they loved them, I couldn't resist.
    Henry...you are in for a GREAT treat!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The raw marrow bones are fine for them. After about a half hour I take Oona's back and put it in the fridge. I never give her the smoked bones anymore because of the possibility of them splintering.
    Olie

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

About 4" is the length I try to get.

Thanks everyone!! ;D Henery's in for a real treat!