NutroMax LB Puppy food - anyone use it?

Thread: NutroMax LB Puppy food - anyone use it?

DefaultNutroMax LB Puppy food - anyone use it?

I've been looking at this food and it looks pretty good and is easily available at our pet store - anyone have any experiences with it? Good or bad?

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: NutroMax LB Puppy food - anyone use it?

When Puff was a pup, I looked at it but used Nutro Natural Choice LBP food which has a better ingredient list than the Max but is more expensive.

The Max has less costly ingredients, more fillers, somewhat on a par to Purina One (ProPlan is the preemie level), or Iams (Eukanuba is the preemie).

If you'd like a premium quality Large Breed Puppy food at a price cheaper than Nutro's Max, look for a feed dealer that sells Diamond LBP.

The people who make Diamond also make a number of other labels (notably Chicken Soup for the ___, and Costco's house/signature brand Kirkland).* They do not advertise, instead depending on word of mouth to spread the news.* I've fed Kirland for the last 3+ years and am happy with it.

I think this is a valid link that will give you a tab/link to where they have dealers:

http://www.diamondpetfood.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++

Added:

See also:

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,10743.0.html
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Thanks for the info... I looked at Diamond - the number 1 ingredient is by-product, followed by corn which it is my understanding is hard for them to digest... ?

Ingredients
    Chicken by-product meal, whole grain ground corn, rice flour, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), wheat flour, beet pulp, fish meal, flaxseed, natural chicken flavor, egg product, brewers dried yeast, salmon oil (source of DHA). Vitamins, minerals and chelated minerals.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Sorry -- I just checked their website and no longer see their LBP food. And it DIDN'T use to have ANY corn.

I'd prefer ProPlan or Eukanuba LBP for the first year of life.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

interesting We had her on Eukanuba since she was 6 weeks, but she kind of turned her nose to it and never ate well- when we changed to pro plan she started eating MUCH better- she now licks her bowl clean whereas she used to have leftovers at every meal with Eukanuba... may stick with pro plan for a while anyway- at least she likes it Was just thinking of something more holistic might be better...

We were feeding Fergus the Nutro Natrual Choice L&R for LB puppies when we first got him (it was what the breeder was feeding him).* We made the switch to Eagle Pack LB Puppy a few months ago and are about to make the swich to one of their Adult Formulas.* This brand was recommended by someone on this Forum and it's a really great food.* Harder to find then most...not typically in Pet Stores, we get ours at a local feed store.* You mentioned wanting something more "holistic" so I'd recommend this brand &* I'd suggest checking out their website!* It'll help locate stores in your area that carry it & you can read up on each of their formulas!

www.eaglepack.com

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

NutroMax gave Hudler the runs when he ate it.

We've had good luck with putting our puppies on Innova Puppy, no the LB formula. Then as adults they are on Nutro NB L&R.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I have both of my guys on Nutro Natural Choice LB. Frankie was on the LB puppy until almost 5 months and then I switched him over to adult. I've had nothing but good experience with it. Nice marbly poops, too

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"