Swelling has STOPPED???!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swelling has STOPPED???!!!

DefaultSwelling has STOPPED???!!!

Just an update for those who have been so helpful and caring through our facial swelling ordeal over the last 2 weeks...

Last night I got home form work and it was time for Dakota's next dose of benadryl,- usually by the time she is ready for another dose the swelling has begun again, but she looked fine!

I've been staring at her face so much that I was starting to foget what it looked like without the swelling so I made her sit and compared it to pictures before the swelling to make sure,,, - no swelling that I could tell!

So I decided to not give her the dose and just watch her very close... she did not swell, and when it was time for the next dose after that she still did not look swollen - I got up 2-3 times in the night to check her and looked good... looked good this morning too - I just got back to work form lunch and checked on her and she is STILL not swelling again... it's been about 30 hours now since any benadryl!!* Not itchy either!

So of course I am THRILLED that this ordeal may be over and hoping nervously it doesn't puff back up - watching her carefully...

still frustrated that we don't know what caused it to begin with, but now if it is gone starting to wonder again about a very elongated reaction to wasp stings from the wasp nest in one of the holes she dug... I had given up on this as the possible source since the swelling just kept on going... but maybe it is possible...?

Anyways- just wanted to update and hopefully you won't hear anything more from me about facial swelling!! Fingers crossed!!

Thanks again for all your concern and helpful ideas

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Swelling has STOPPED???!!!

I'm so glad to hear you are over this hump! I'm sorry, though, that the cause remains a mystery.

Now, more pics of that pretty girl, please!
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Thank you! Fingers crossed it doesn't swell again 35 hours without benadryl now and looking good

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

I'm so glad Dakota's swelling has gone down and she is getting back to her old self. It's frustrating when you don't know the cause of something...but an adverse reaction to the wasp sting(s) does seem very possible...at least IMO.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Champsmom is offline Senior Member

I'm so glad the swelling has gone down. I hope it doesn't return. Maybe it was a reaction to alot of bee stings, if she got into a nest.

ya, I guess we'll never know for sure what happened- but I will always keep benadryl on hand and be weary of wasps anywhere near her! We are having a pest control company come to get rid of it - our methods have been unsuccessful and they claim that after a few days it will be safe for her to be around- so just need to keep her away until then Apparently ground nests are the hardest to get rid of.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

What a relief -- and what a mystery. Hope you never have to go through it again.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Thanks- believe me we hope not also!

I'm glad to her she is doing better! What a worry for you guys...it's so stressful seeing them sick & feeling so helpless. Keeping my fingers crossed that the swelling doesn't come back

rayofsun is offline Senior Member

Glad she is doing better. Hopefully it was just the wasps and will never happen again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast