poor Barnsley

Thread: poor Barnsley

Defaultpoor Barnsley

My yellow boy is sick. I actually know why also. We went to the beach yesterday and he had a blast. I will post pictures later. Unfortunately in his excitement he was snatching mouthfulls of sand and eating it (of course I stopped him but he still got enough). He also found a nasty stick that was soft and decaying and ate about half of it before I could take it away from him. Unfortunately I fed him when we got home because I didn't know he was going to get sick. Last night he had bad diarrhea (his first time since we've had him) and threw up about 6 times. I gave him some immodium after the diarrhea and that is gone this morning. He isn't interested in drinking his water so I made him some electrolyte solution (much cheaper than buying pedialyte) and he laps that up. So far we haven't had any more vomiting so hopefully we are on the winning side of this now. He is so quiet and sad looking that I want to just sit and hold him all day but of course can't since I have to get ready for company coming tonight. I will post the pedialyte recipe separately.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: poor Barnsley

poor Barnsley I hope he feels better soon
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Ohh!! I hope he feels better soon! Do you think he drank some salt water maybe?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, I am sure he drank salt water also. Does that make them sick also? He didn't get sick the other 3 times we have been to the beach and I think he drank some then also. He tooks little laps as he is playing once in a while.

well, I've heard it can make them not feel good- vomit, diarrhea- did you read Marley and Me by chance? But also there could have been a bacteria or something in the water maybe... if he's not feeling better soon I'd take him in- hope he's back to his old self in no time!

Barnsley had a day filled with sleeping yesterday and this morning I gave him some brown rice and he ate that up and kept it down fine. He has had a few small normal stools (mostly sand of course). Hopefully he continues to do well.

oh good- hopefully he continues to feel better