new food?

Thread: new food?

Defaultnew food?

Lucy has been on Purina One large breed adult food for over a year now and has always done geat on it. Latley though, the last 4 weeks or so, her stool has become very firm. Is there a good, resonably priced food, that is recommended. I was thinking about ProPlan. Still made by Purina and I have easy access to it at the local pet store.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: new food?

Personally, I wouldn't find large breed to an adult lab. Labs are not large breed dogs in my opinion. Many people feed ProPlan and like it. I feed a holistic food because I like the ingredients, like the fact there are no preservatives and my dogs do very well on it. I like a mid to high 20's in protein and low to mid teens in fat ratio - my current food is something like 28%/16%.

Sorry about the typo - supposed to read 'feed' not 'find'.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaM82
    Lucy has been on Purina One large breed adult food for over a year now and has always done geat on it.* Latley though, the last 4 weeks or so, her stool has become very firm.* Is there a good, resonably priced food, that is recommended.* I was thinking about ProPlan.* Still made by Purina and I have easy access to it at the local pet store.
    Firm is good. It means she's getting enough fiber in her diet. You don't want a mushy stool.

Just my 2c,
    Darcy
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10

Yes I agree firm is good, but it is almost hard. I guess I should have clarified. It used to be a little softer.

labby is offline Senior Member

Try the regular Purina ONE. The LB adult has 4.5% fiber and the regular adult has 3%.

Laura

thanks, I'll give it a try.