Buddy, Frogs, and Diarrhea

Thread: Buddy, Frogs, and Diarrhea

c17wife is offline Senior Member

DefaultBuddy, Frogs, and Diarrhea

Yes my youngest is a goof. We have a ton of frogs in our yard...it reminds me of that scene from the Ten Commandments actually. But the little pain seems to think that he needs to eat them. :-X He did this last week and got diarrhea and I made him some brown rice for a couple of days, no more runs, so I added chicken for 3 days, still no runs. So then I started mixing his food back slowly over the next 2 days and we were back to normal food completely. The second full day on the normal food he gets diarrhea again. :-\ I started him back on brown rice this morning but other than putting a muzzle on him to keep him from eating frogs I don't know what else to do. I mean I'm just assuming it's frogs. I have caught him with one in his mouth before...I don't think it's his food. He's been on nutro lamb and rice since the whole diamond fiasco. Never bothered him before. Am I doing the right thing with the rice? Can you give dogs immodium? :P (Btw...Lucy is fine thru all of this so whatever he has it's not contagious. That's why I was going for the frog thing.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Buddy, Frogs, and Diarrhea

Sorry to laugh, but the whole 'frog in the mouth' thing is SUCH a LAB thing. I think Labs are part goat!

Sounds like you are taking the right steps...does your vet have any advice?
    Meg

Lena - Black Dog BOSS DOG - 16 yrs
    Sunnie - Yellow DOG high maintenance - turns 15 on 10/04/11
    Shelby - Yellow dog cute as a button - 5 ish

c17wife is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Buddy, Frogs, and Diarrhea

Thanks. Haven't been yet since their annual checkup is next week. I told SU that if it comes back after this time though he's going in early.

:-\