Hair loss in 15 week old

Thread: Hair loss in 15 week old

DefaultHair loss in 15 week old

We hadn't seen any black hair around the house for the first five weeks we had LIndy now suddenly there's hair everywhere. I knew shedding would start at some point but my question is that when I look at her side I see small patches where the hair is very thin about the size of a dime and quarter. You can only see them from a certain angle but I'm wondering what is causing the patches. Then it made me worry that she shouldn't be losing all the hair that she is losing right now. This is our first lab and we need to know what is normal. Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Hair loss in 15 week old

Hello,

I was wondering the same thing. I have a 6 1/2 month old that is lossing alot of hair. I mean when she lays on the floor and then gets up there is a ton of balck hair all over the carpet. There is hair everywhere in my house. Is this normal? Is she losing her puppy fur or is this what we can except all the time. I have grew up with dogs in the house and they have all been long haired ones. I have never seen this much hair before.

Thanks,
    Sherry

Dreamer, what does the skin look like at the thin spots? Normal? Red? Crusty?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wishingforjoy
    Hello,

I was wondering the same thing.* I have a 6 1/2 month old that is lossing alot of hair.* I mean when she lays on the floor and then gets up there is a ton of balck hair all over the carpet.* There is hair everywhere in my house.* Is this normal?* Is she losing her puppy fur or is this what we can except all the time.* I have grew up with dogs in the house and they have all been long haired ones.* I have never seen this much hair before.

Thanks,
    Sherry
    Rocky just turned 6 months and is shedding like crazy right now. I groom him twice a day and that really helps. If I didn't, the hair would be out of control in our house. From the info. I've received, shedding this much this time of year is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Belles mom
    Dreamer, what does the skin look like at the thin spots? Normal? Red? Crusty?

The skin looks normal, just less hair.

if there are patches on her skin from it - might be demodex... Dakota had it when she was younger- just one small patch on her arm thinned and we had to treat for 30 days... our evt said she had a very mild case...