HELP!! puppy-safe way to get rid of bees/wasps??

Thread: HELP!! puppy-safe way to get rid of bees/wasps??

DefaultHELP!! puppy-safe way to get rid of bees/wasps??

Some bees/wasps made a nest inside a hole Dakota dug...I think that may be the culprit of her facial swelling issue and need to get rid of it... I know I can't put chemical stuff in there though... my hsband wants to fill it up with dirt and suffocate them... is this sufficient? or is there a better way or soemthing puppy-safe from the kitchen we can pour in their first?

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: HELP!! puppy-safe way to get rid of bees/wasps??

There is a product called Orange Gaurd that is safe to use around kids and pets. Try orangegaurd.com. You can get this at any True Valuse Hardware store, if they don't have they can order it for you. I have sprayed it on my deck and so far this year no bees. Great repellant.
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

Thanks - I'll ook into that for sure!! My husband shoveled dirt into the hole where the nest was last night... there have been quite a few of them buzzing aorund the top of it now- so not sure if they will eventually go away or if we have a bigger problem now,,,

Thanks!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh Oh, now you've made them mad!........Just kidding ;D They'll probably hang around for a while then discover that their home is no more and move on.

That's kind of what we are thinking/hoping... but until they stop hanging around, we are taking her potty int he front yard...

As an FYI- dirt doesn't work- there are tons of them hovering the hole and it looks liek they are digging another hole in the dirt now coming in and out of it

Have you tried boiling water? It works for ants.

I would try to get some poison free wasp/hornet spray and drench the ground around it good. Maybe it will kill them. I know we have a nest up in the soffit of our house at one of our windows and I've probably killed 20-30 wasps there this year already and they keep coming back I can't see the nest but I'm positive there is one there. They are percistant.

All of our methods have failed... so we are having a pest control company come out... apparently in ground nests are the hardest to get rid of. They said we just need to keep the pup away form te area for a few days and then it will not harm her after there... the owners have dogs themselves so I trust they are right