Our pup has had puppy vaginitis for the last few months although they thought it was UTI's until recently and said we couldn't spay until those were cleared- now that they know it is the vaginitis, they recommend spaying her to correct the problem... I've also heard they should go thorugh a heat cycle first to help with this problem though... anyone know what the best thing to do is? Spay now or one heat cycle then spay?? (She is a family pet not show dog or anything).
Everything that I have read or heard says to wait till after the first heat cycle for this type of thing.
Wait until after a season.
♣ Laura ♣
My Piper had vaginitis and our vet advised us to wait until after she went through her first heat before getting her spayed.
has she had any problems with it since the spay?
If she has an inny I would wait to spay after her first heat.
I'm not really sure if she has an "innie" - but the vet said it was a little bit recessed so maybe so?
My girl Abbey had vaginitis. Our vet suggested spaying her before her first heat, so that's what we did. She's been fine and can hold it forever now!
Jinx had an innie and was plagued with UTI's while she was a puppy. We waited till after her first season to spay and it popped right out. And she's 4 years old now and not another UTI or Vaginitis since.
I would wait until after the first heat just to be safe.