Dash got a present for my birthday this weekend (go figure!) and it was a fairly large rawhide bone. Well, need-less-to-say, he LOVED IT and ate about 75% of it in one sitting. His nose looks as if its now peeling and alot of my fellow dog-owners had told me not to worry about because it was from him tearing up the rawhide and it had rubbed his nose a bit raw, but it just looks as if his little nose is peeling, like a snake. It doesnt look irritated at all! Has anyone ever heard or expereinced this?
AND.... he now has diarihea (bad spelling) not uncontrollable, but enough to where he went in his crate last night while we watched fireworks and this morning. I am willing to bet that last night's was because of the loud fireworks everywhere, but do pups normally get the "runs" from rawhide?
i would suspect fear of the fireworks noise for his crate accident, although ANY unaccustomed food in quantity can & will cause digestive symptoms [always, UNdesirable ones!!!]--maybe this was a ''double whammy''?
for his peeling nose--suspect sunburn [on the nose fur is thin, so this is where they will get it, you can use kiddy sunblock] or perhaps plastic food/water dishes--they get rough and rub the nose. use stainless-steel metal ones!