Urinating Over Chest Problem Help Please?

Thread: Urinating Over Chest Problem Help Please?

DefaultUrinating Over Chest Problem Help Please?

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help I have two Labs, one black dog ' Dfor' and one bitch ' Madge' a golden. Now having had Madge for 18 months then we got Dfor he copied everything the she did.
    They are now 11 and 9 and Dfor has lost some weight and rather than cocking his leg, he squats and urinates over his chest and then he walks through it back and forth.
    His squat is like Madge's but more up-right. The problem is the smell is getting stronger and stronger to the stage it makes you want to be sick and we are always having to wash him or spray him with doggy perfume.
    We did try shouting at him when he did this to see if he would not do this and start to cock his leg, but he would then store his urine and have accidents in the evening not pleasant when you have just got new carpets, plus it is not good making him stay in the kitchen when Madge can come into the lounge as the rest of the house is off limits
    So has anyone else had this problem and if so any help or suggestions would be great.
    As he is a lovely dog and it is not nice having to explain to friends and family why he smells and his weird urinating habits. ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Urinating Over Chest Problem Help Please?

He's old...just clean his chest off with a damp cloth and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksAndLabs
    He's old...just clean his chest off with a damp cloth and move on.
    No he is not old, 9 is not old!!, I mean if a human of 63 was to be treated this way how inhumane he would feel. Its just that I wanted to know if maybe others had this problem. I have had Labs for many years and this the first time I have come across this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

1. for immediate relief from odor, ditch the ''doggy perfume'', use Listerine & water solution [half-and-half] on a rag or spray bottle, this will remove the odor, not cover it up.
    2. Very Important!!!!!!!!--get his bone structure looked at! he may need aspirin or Rimadyl--it is NOT normal for a boy dog to start squatting, he must be feeeling pain when he lifts his leg!!!!!