What to do - possible poisoning
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: What to do - possible poisoning

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    24

    DefaultWhat to do - possible poisoning

    This morning my 5 month old lab threw up on our walk. Several times during the day he has thrown up. My kids just suggested that maybe he was eating the berries from the tree in the front yard. We looked up the tree online and we believe that it is a chinaberry tree. These berries are poisonous to dogs. Since it has been more than 24 hours since he ate them, what should I do now. I called the vet earlier about his vomiting, but I didn't think about the possibility of poisoning. He is still eating like normal and will drink water if I tell him to. I don't want anything to happen to him and now I am scared. Any suggestions? Of course my vet is no longer in and he is on vacation until the end of next week.

    Help!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,765

    DefaultRe: What to do - possible poisoning

    No suggestions other than find an Emergency vet. It's too late to induce vomitting at this point, but maybe a vet will have some options.

  4. #3
    jzgrlduff's Avatar
    jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    44,122

    DefaultRe: What to do - possible poisoning

    Uh oh, just seeing this. How is he now?



    ______________
    ~Amy
    Califon, NJ
    Hunterdon County
    "Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

  5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Trickster's Avatar
    Trickster is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,913

    DefaultRe: What to do - possible poisoning

    You should speak to a vet ASAP. If your dog has eaten something you suspect is poisonous you should get advice from a professional. You may find you will have nothing to worry about but until then, do not ignore it. For peace of mind at the very least, speak to a vet. Keep us updated.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    24

    DefaultRe: What to do - possible poisoning

    Thanks for the concern. He is doing well this morning. Seems back to his old self. The vet I got ahold of wasn't very concerned and told me to watch him for 24 hours. I think because he wasn't listless or lethargic and was still eating and drinking with no diarrhea just the vomiting.

    I sat up and listened for him all night... Now I am tired and he wants to play

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,373

    DefaultRe: What to do - possible poisoning

    I'd get rid of the tree.

  9. #7
    Champsmom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,961

    DefaultRe: What to do - possible poisoning

    Quote Originally Posted by kiddsmom
    I'd get rid of the tree.
    I agree. I'd get rid of that tree.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25