Holistic Blend...ever hear of it?

Thread: Holistic Blend...ever hear of it?

DefaultHolistic Blend...ever hear of it?

Hi there,
    I was just looking for some advice . I just came upon this food today and it really caught my interest . I was wondering if anyone had heard of it before. It is called Holistic Blend.
    I have included the ingredients list for both the Chicken and Rice and the Lamb and Rice. I would love to hear any comments Re: which you think is better . Thanks alot .Sue

Holistic Blend® Lamb & Rice
    All Life Stages Canine Formula Ingredients

Lamb, whole ground millet, ground brown rice, whole ground barley, salmon, nutritional yeast, amaranth, flax seed, canola oil, alfalfa, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, choline chloride, L-lysine, cranberries, yucca schidigera extracts, garlic powder, cinnamon powder, rosemary extracts, ferrous sulphate, zinc oxide, vitamin E supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, manganous oxide, zinc proteinate, niacin, vitamin A acetate, calcium pantothenate, sodium selenite, manganese proteinate, thiamin mononitrate, colbalt sulphate, biotin, riboflavin, calcium iodate, vitamin D3 supplement, copper proteinates, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin K1 supplement, folic acid. *For additional information regarding the ingredients, please consult our Ingredients Review page.

Holistic Blend® Chicken, Rice & Vegetable
    All Life Stages Canine Formula Ingredients

Low ash chicken, whole ground brown rice, hulless barley, whole oats, chicken fat (preserved with rosemary), rosemary extract, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), natural chicken flavour, tomatoe pomace, salmon, dried whole eggs, nutritional yeast, kelp, sunflower oil, garlic oil, whlole dried carrots, whole dried potatoes, beta carotene, calcium carbonate, chelated minerals (zinc proteinate, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, iron proteinate), sodium selenite, potassium chloride, cobalt carbonate, calcium iodate, vitamin A supplement, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, d-calcium pantothenate, biotin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin K1 supplement, vitamin D supplement, vitamin C supplement, folic acid. *For additional information regarding the ingredients, please consult our Ingredients Review page. *

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Holistic Blend...ever hear of it?

Hi there!!

You must be Canadian! I've been feeding Holistic Blend to Henry for well over a year now. We started with the Lamb, and then switched to the Chicken (for no other reason than they ran out of Lamb at our Ryan's, and only had the Chicken). Personally, I love it! Henry looks fabulous, poops are small and firm (eccch, I know) and virtually no gas. ;D He eats about 2 cups per day.

He has eaten both Wellness and Canidae (the 4 protein formula) and both were way too rich for him. He's doing extremely well on Holistic Blend!!

I'm glad someone else has found this food! Let me know what you think if you decide to try it!

PS. LOVE that you have one of each colour!! LOL! Oh, and welcome to the forum!!

HI Henrysmom,
    Thanks for letting me know you like the food. I am Canadian and live in New Brunswick .Like I said I just came across this food today at a local store and it almost seemed to good to be true. Right now my girls are on 2 different foods one being for allergies. This actually looks like a food that would be good for all three of them .I think I am going to make the switch . Now just to decide between lamb and chicken.
    Thanks again for replying . I think Henry is so cute . I got quite a laugh because my husbands name is Henry . .
    Oh and Happy Canada Day* !!! Have a great long w/e.
    Sue

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ellies Mom is offline Member

Hello,

I am new to the forum, so no pictures posted yet. I'd like to hear from others on Holistic Blend also. I ordered the food online from petfooddirect.com and by coincidence just got it in today. I purchased the Chicken/ Rice & Vegetable one. We just got our choc. lab Ellie on June 17th. I had been feeding her Canidae Chicken kibbles with Canidae canned food. I will switch over gradually to Holisitic Blend.

I'd planned to add canned food to it but Holistic Blend had only the canned vegetable/fruit mix. On their website it says they will have canned meat food as of July 1st. I am not sure if adding the canned food is needed or not. I will let you know how we make out. I gave Ellie a little taste of a handful of Holistic Blend today and she ate it fine.

Alice
    [img]

Hi Alice! Welcome to you too!

You probably don't need to feed canned and dry, unless it's a personal preference. The dry kibble is balanced enough as it is.

Sue.. I was looking at Henry's bag of chicken this morning, and if you're deciding between the two, I might go towards the chicken, just because it's chicken meal vs. whole lamb (which has a higher water content, and therefore, less lamb). You might want to check a bag of lamb to see whether it's lamb meal... I see on their website they list their ingredients as you have above.

Happy Canada Day to you too!! ;D Enjoy your long wkend!

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

Would love to see a web site for this food...if they have one? TIA
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

The website is http://www.holisticblend.com/. Hope that helps.

Henrysmom...Thanks for the heads up on the chicken meal . I probably wouldn't have thought of that. I'll be going tomorrow to pick some up .

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

Thanks, I was not coming up with anything on a search ???
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC