Feet

Thread: Feet

Thunders Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultFeet

Thunder has been "eating" at his feet for the last couple of days. I've looked at them and don't see anything, but he keeps "eating" at them. They're pretty red where he's been chewing. Any ideas? Nothing new has been done to the yard, no new food.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Feet

When one of my dogs did this it turned out he had mites. Vet suggested I get a cloth, spray some Frontline on it and dab it between the paws. After a few days it cleared up completely. In your case, of course other things are also a possibility --allergies, for example, or he could have something stuck in there. I would suggest leaving it for a couple of days and see what happens. If it is still red and raw you might want to take him to the vets for a piece of mind.

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

Could be hotspots. One of my girls get them between the toes regularly. I have had good luck using a product by Homeopet called Hotspot remedy. I used it last fall to clear them up and when she started swimming again this spring I started using it as a prevention. You can read more about it at homeopet.com.
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mosmama is offline Senior Member

When they chew or lick at their feet, it is usually a first sign they have allergies. I would check with your vet. That was the first thing I noticed about Mo when he would bite at his feet. I had him tested and he has mostly inhalent allergies and some food allergies. I give him monthly injections for it and sometimes Benadryl, depending on how bad he gets.

Good Luck!
    Mo
    May 17, 1998 - May 20, 2009

The Love of My Life
    Rest in peace my Sweet Chocolate
    I Love You and Miss You so much

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

LIMO