Potatoes??

Thread: Potatoes??

DefaultPotatoes??

I heard somewhere that potatoes weren't good for dogs. Does anyone know if this is true...and if so what are the concerns. Thanks....

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Potatoes??

Isn't there a dog food on the market that contains potatoes? I'm trying to remember which one. I have heard that when potatoes get that green tinge it is mildly toxic. Potato is not something I've ever fed my dogs so I'm not sure. Sorry not much help.

Ya...now that you mention that, there is a food that contains Potato. I thought it sounded a little funny, but just wanted to check! I don't want to give Fergus anything that could hurt him.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I think it is raw potatoes that aren't good for dogs. Cooked is fine if you must.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Of The Hill

Isn't there a dog food on the market that contains potatoes?*

The Wellness food I used to feed my dogs was Fish and Sweet Potato. They were on that food for a year and was fine. I actually think Wellness foods are great. I just recently switched to Kirkland C&R just because of the low price for good quality food.

Potatoes are fine to feed. Nellie has a special love for the shoe-string potatoes I make. lol

Yeah, the dog food you guys are talking about is called Natural Balance Potato and Duck or Sweet Potato and Fish. Website: http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com
    I bought the Potato and Duck treats and the Roll-a-round treats for Bosco. He LOVES them!* ;D