Canidae? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canidae?

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Canidae?

Has any one of the Solid Gold varieties been considered or tried?

Auggie has been on Solid Gold Hundenflocken for 9 of her 10 years now. Several times I have considered changing for
    "varieties sake", but after studying labels have not found anything that 'seems' better (to me.)

I will admit that I supplement the Hundenflocken with the Solid Gold Seameal, flaxseed oil, Prozyme, cottage cheese, and, for the last two months with 2 oz. of raw hamburger per meal - just 'cause I read several somewheres that older dogs benefit from more very high quality protein.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

biscuit is offline Senior Member

I actually haven't had good luck with Canidae. The four proteins formula gave Biscuit the itchies and hot spots that went away after he went off of it.
    <br />Kristin &amp; Biscuit

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by WigWag

I tried Prairie and my dogs liked it but then she jumped up in price and it's $50.00 - $55.00 for a 30 lbs bag.*
    Holy %$#@! We pay $35 for a 30# bag of Prairie Nature's Variety. Maybe there's an online source that would be cheaper, even with shipping. Have you checked the Nature's Variety Web site?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jinx is offline Senior Member

I fed Canidae for awhile. All my dogs liked it and it was easier on my wallet, but there was a big increase in shedding and poop. That was just my experience, though.
    Its all fun and games until the flying monkeys attack

I had Henery on Canidae (the 4 protein formula) for a while and he didn't do well either... really gassy and tons of loose poops. I thought it was prolly too rich for him. Oy!

Oh yeah...I totally forgot about the gas..there was a definite increase in dog farts around here when I was feeding Canidae...but a spoonful of real yogurt took care of that. How could forget the gas? :-[

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12