a full lab?

Thread: a full lab?

Defaulta full lab?

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting on this Bullitin Board My name is Christina and I currently have 2 Dogs. Our first dog is Milo. He is a 2 year old shih-poo and is in great health our second dog is Coal who is a black lab. Coal is almost 7 months now. He was purchased from a well known breeder in Hanover, Ontario. Coal has been a great dog, checked out at the vet and was all fine, very lovable and energetic and loves to play. We have been taking him to the dog park at least twice a week for a good hour each time so he can get some exercise and so socialization from outside our house. We have been doing this now for about 3 months. Well the problem is that for the past 3 days now he has not really been himself when it comes to dinner time. First off I feed coal (and Milo) twice a day, 6 am and 6pm. His attitude towards dinner time is everyone out of my way, there is food and I need to eat in. (for lack of a better expression) Coal gets about 2 1/2 cups of Purina one each time. I kept him on Purina one as that was what the breeder recommended. I have never switched his food and he has not eaten anything else other then that (..well as far as i know, lets not forget he is still a lab.) Well I guess that my situation is that the last few days Coal has been very non challant *I think that's how it is spelled* towards dinner time. He doesn't run towards his food and actually looks kind of bored with it. Almost like he is looking at me like "This... again????" He doesn't even finish his dish sometimes. And I noticed this morning after he ate his food, he didn't even want to go and "be good boys" If you know what I mean. Anyways, he has been acting very strange and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as what could be going on. Is his metabolism slowing down at 6 months? Any thoughts?

Starving for answers ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jan
    Jan is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: a full lab?

Is it really hot where you are? My lab pup is much more sluggish during the really warm days, and is slower to eat. Sorry, I don't have anything else to think of!

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I would guess the same as Jan and put his behavior down to the heat assuming it is hot where you live.

Personally, as long as he is eating and acting normal in other respects I wouldn't worry. If you are really worried see your vet or speak to your breeder.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hi everyone,

thanks for the reply, we have been going through some hot days lately. I usually keep a fan on his kennel while i am at work.

I am so desperatly hopping this is what the reason is.

Thanks everyone