blood in Urine

Thread: blood in Urine

Defaultblood in Urine

Hi everyone, I have a 15 month old female lab, She has been fixed for sometime( 8 months +), today after a long day at the pond and yard fetch, She came home and urined blood, I read somewhere rigirous activity could cause this. She drank and ate normal today. Any idea?
    Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: blood in Urine

Could be trauma or a UTI. If it persists have your vet check her out. Any chance of contact with rat/mouse poison in the last 5 days? If so, could be an emergency.

Is she having trouble peeing? We ran into this a couple of weeks ago,when Oona had blood in her urine, she had a UTI. I wouldn't mess around with this I would have her checked out.
    Olie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The easiest thing to do would be to take a urine sample in to your vet and ask them to test it for bacteria. Now they may make you bring her in if it is an infection to check her out before prescribing medicine.

Thanks everyone who wrote in, The next day their was some blood nothing like before and the very next time nothing at all, I'm hoping it was just the strenuous day. She goes in to get her yearly shots so I'll ask then
    Steve

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

This happend to one of my dog's a few years ago after camping, hiking, swimming- took a uring sample in and found out she actually had kidney stone's, quess she had passed some in the urine. They put her on antiobiotic's and lot's and lot's of fluid. Hope your baby is well soon!! Sammi's mom-