Glyco-Flex Anyone?

Thread: Glyco-Flex Anyone?

DefaultGlyco-Flex Anyone?

I also posted this is the senior section ..

Has anyone used this? Heard of it? My vet has recommended this for Bailey who is 9 now ...Glyco-Flex II, we started her on it on the 9th of June at 2 pills a day for the first 4 weeks and then one a day forever ... it's good for the joints ..so all in all, just curious ...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Glyco-Flex Anyone?

Seems to be pretty good. I know the big issue with these supplements is how pure are they? I think a lot of vets carry this, and I know a lot of people use it, so I'm going to guess it's pretty pure.

I have used it, and have had a few vets rocommend it.

Does it work? No one really knowss for sure, but one thing for sure is it can't hurt if you can afford it. Personally, I never saw any change, but then again, my dog didn't have any elbow or hip problems either... He had other issues like a torn ACL and a problem with his neck.

Give it a try for 6-8 weeks..you should be able to see if it is heliping at all by then if you are currently seeing a limp. If the dog does not have a limp, then you probably won't see any change at all...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I'm suspicious of supplements sold by vets. There's often a BIG markup on them.

Try Googling Glycoflex and see the range of prices. Your vet may be charging you twice as much as you could buy it for online.

For the last 3 1/2 years I've given my Puff a daily tab of my human supplement Glucosame & Chondroitin (COSTCO/Kirkland). Consumer Union recently rated this brand tops.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748