Jason/JasmineDream and Keith (elbow dysplasia peeps) how are your dogs?

Thread: Jason/JasmineDream and Keith (elbow dysplasia peeps) how are your dogs?

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultJason/JasmineDream and Keith (elbow dysplasia peeps) how are your dogs?

I have not see either of you guys posting in a long while. How are your dogs? I hope they are doing well. I'd love to hear an update from both of you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Jason/JasmineDream and Keith (elbow dysplasia peeps) how are your dogs?

Not either of those people, but Libby seems to be doing well.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

DefaultRe: Jason/JasmineDream and Keith (elbow dysplasia peeps) how are your dogs?

Thanks for asking Tatyana! I have been very busy studying for boards (i took USMLE step-1 yesterday) so have not been on the lab board in quite a long while.
    Anyway, there has actually been a big change with Scrubs elbow status in the last few days - for the better! I finally got her x-rays submitted to OFA and got the response from Dr. Keller saturday. i opened the letter expecting to learn what grade of elbow dysplasia she has, but was absolutely shocked with the form said "Elbow Dysplasia NEGATIVE left and right" !!!!! I could not believe it; OFA was telling me that she does not have elbow dysplasia! I called Dr. Keller today about what he saw in the xrays. I asked if there was anything there that the other "orthopedic vet" may have seen, etc. Dr. Keller basically told me that he sees normal joints for a 1 year old lab! Absolutely shocking!
    Dr. Keller and I discussed her situation and since she has not limped in several months, it seems like she may have just twisted/pulled something before and that was why she was limping. As for why i was given the diagnosis, who knows, but I am very very happy that it was evidently a wrong diagnosis.
    I had been letting Scrubs play/swim/run a little more lately (with Jazz, with my sisters dog, with other dogs, and just be more active in general) and had been happy she had not been limping. So, hopefully the problem is gone, and Dr. Keller is right.

Thanks again for asking, i will try to be less of a stranger on the board (especially for the next 2 weeks when i have freedom before starting back in the hospital).

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Keith, I'm so happy for you and Scrubs! That's the kind of a miracle I was hoping for with Scotty. Glad it happened for you.

Julie, I'm glad that Libby is doing great, too. Scotty has been allowed to do jumping by his ortho vet. He also has not been limping for a very long time. I'm very happy with his recovery.

Jasmine Dream is offline Senior Member

Hey Tatyana.. i have been pretty busy myself and have not had a chance to update much on Jazz's progress.* She has done really well.. I am still giving her Adequan injections every month coupled with her daily doses of Cosequin and it seems to allow her to manage the ED and cartilage damage pretty well...*

She rarely limps much at all and moves around pain free as far as i can tell.* As you know.. that is what matters most to us owners.. and from that standpoint i think her surgery was a huge success

I will have to post some pictures soon since her hair has finally grown back.* She looks normal again

Glad to hear Scotty is doing so well and i know Keith is ecstatic about Scrubs recent diagnosis...

Twinpond's Jasmine "Jazz" Dream
    Born 12.31.04

Visit Jazz's Web Site